CAREER OBJECTIVE: Position as a Bench, Remote or Onsite IT Support Technician.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- A+ Certified Computer Professional with 16 years of computer repair break-fix experience, 3 years of which involved component level repair of proprietary video cards, motherboards, and LCD Display units.
- Personally repaired well over 8000 Windows-based Desktop and Laptop computers for home and small businesses on the bench, in the field, and remote service methods. Repaired both hardware and software problems ranging from easy to very difficult thru Win10, MS Office 2013 and various 3rd party applications.
- Expert at removing viruses, spyware, trojans, & rootkits on bootable and non-bootable systems.
- Able to work independently and with a team with little or no supervision, but also have supervision, and training experience.
- Posses Hybrid Skills as an Electronics Technician and PC Technician that produces craftsman quality results and ability to quickly learn and repair new systems with serious attention to details.
Senior PC Technician
- Windows Repair: Diagnose and repair hardware and complex OS issues up to Win10 that affect booting, speed, stability and performance; such as BSODs, malware, bad patches, corrupt registry & system file issues, as well as internet and network connectivity problems for wired and wireless networks using built-in Windows utilities, Live-CDs, and an arsenal of over 150 3rd party software tools. Also have some experience with Active Directory.
- Laptop Repair: Skilled at completely disassembling all major brands of laptops to replace LCD screens, hard drives, optical drives, memory, motherboards, misc circuit boards, hinges and misc plastic housing parts. Can also repair broken thru-hole edge connectors such as DC Jacks that require soldering.
- Remote Support: Provided Remote Tech Support for WinXP-Win10 computers via phone and online chat using Citrix, Bomgar, LogMeIn, and TeamViewer remote access software. Supported 3 – 4 simultaneous remote repair sessions in a high-tempo environment, while maintaining account, ticket, appointment and history data using various Help Desk Ticketing systems. Primarily removed malware, repaired MS Office applications, Email and WiFi Printer issues.
- Networking: Experienced with configuring and troubleshooting LANs consisting of routers, switches and hubs to share files, folders and printers in both Workgroup and Domain environments.
- Data Recovery: Perform basic Data Recovery on Hard Disks that have been formatted, re-imaged, or had data accidentally deleted. Also recovered data on hard disks with bad sectors, read instability, and file system corruption, by creating disk images and recovering data using various software utilities such as HDClone, Ghost, File Scavenger, Easy Recovery, EaseUS and others.
- Windows Migration: Routinely perform clean Windows installations, re-imaging, upgrades and data migrations from WinXP thru Win10. Skilled at backing up and restoring personal User and Application data including Web Browser profiles and add-ons, Gadgets, Outlook, QuickBooks and Product Keys, etc.
- Malware Removal: 13+ solid years of experience and continuing self-education removing viruses, spyware, trojans, & rootkits on both bootable and non-bootable Windows systems. Experienced with manual malware removal techniques using built-in Windows utilities and the registry, and fluency with over 55 different malware cleanup tools which has resulted in an extremely low re-infection rate.
- Outlook / Email: Adept at Microsoft Outlook troubleshooting and repair of corrupted .pst/.ost files and bad Add-ins. Also support Outlook profile/email setup and data migration for upgraded, repaired and new installations up to Outlook 2013. Can setup and import/export messages, contacts and calendars between Outlook and other common Email Clients.
- Peripherals: Routinely perform initial setup and troubleshooting of software issues for USB and Network multi-function printers and scanners, especially Wireless Printers with WiFi connectivity issues.
- Field Technician: Comfortable servicing and repairing computer systems in the field, at homes and small businesses. Have clean background and driving record. Posses reliable transportation, smartphone, laptop, standard field IT tools and an arsenal of software. Conduct business with professional attire and demeanor and able to converse with end-users and executives in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Hybrid Electronics / PC Technician: Posses a complementing set of Electronic and IT skills that promotes uncommonly superb troubleshooting skills and craftsman quality repairs on systems with complicated problems. These skills allow for self-sufficiency in the field and the ability to learn new systems very quickly as well as repairing systems that might otherwise be deemed non-repairable.
- Roll-Outs: Assisted in the roll-out of over 7000 laptops and tablets for 2 Texas Independent School Districts. Performed equipment inventory, re-imaging operating systems, testing, basic troubleshooting, wiring charging carts, laser engraving, asset tagging, and preparation for shipment and delivery.
- Custom Builds: Capable of assembling and setting up high-end computers. Procure and install new motherboards, CPUs, memory, hard drives, optical drives, power supply, video cards, misc expansion cards, and cooling systems into custom ATX computer cases. Skilled at cable management and installing Windows, drivers and various 3rd party applications.
- Administrative: Experienced with SAFELink, SupportSpace and Alloy Navigator Help Desk Ticketing systems. Proficient with several Microsoft Office applications and Quickbooks. Experience in Technical Writing, Performance Reviews, Awards, Correspondence, and Standard Operating Procedures. Responsible for Electronic Test Equipment & Parts Inventory, and Technical Publication management.
- Directly helped thousands of customers over the years in person, over the phone, forums, email, and online chat sessions to discern the customer’s technology needs to resolve their computer problems.
- Experienced at patiently discussing details the customer is having with their computer, and proposing solutions using understandable practical terms and analogies in a professional manner.
- Pinnacle Systems, Mountain View, CA: Performed “component level” troubleshooting of RMA items, as well as new & untested proprietary ATX Motherboards, PCI Video Cards, and LCD Touchscreen Units for the Windows-based PDS-9000 Digital Video Production Switcher in a manufacturing environment.
- U.S. Navy: Performed “component level” troubleshooting and repairs on HF/VHF/UHF, Satellite and Digital Data communications systems using a variety of portable electronic test equipment such as Signal Generators, Frequency Counters, Multimeters, and Oscilloscopes.
- HelpDesk Field Technician (HCDE/Prime Systems – Houston, TX – 2015 – Present)
- Senior PC Technician (The Computer Hospital – Houston, TX – 2014 – 2015)
- Remote Desktop Support Technician (Balance Staffing / Plumchoice – Katy, TX – 2014)
- IT Subcontractor – Roll Outs – 1099 (EbryIT – Rosenberg, TX – 2013)
- IT Subcontractor – Remote Support – 1099 (AgeoTechSolutions – Richmond, TX – 2013)
- Service Manager/PC Technician (The Computer Hospital – Houston, TX – 2012 – 2013)
- Principal/Manager (Leeward/Gakidoo’s Computer Repair – Waipahu, HI – 2003 – 2012)
- Electronics Test Technician (Pinnacle Systems, Inc – Mountain View, CA – 2000 – 2003)
- Author for Hire – 1099 (Northstar Study Guides – 1995-2003)
- Electronics Technician (United States Navy 1980 – 2000)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING